A joint advisory issued by the 5 Eyes nations has urged organisations to safe their provide chains because the conflict in Ukraine continues.
The doc, ‘Protecting Against Cyber Threats to Managed Service Providers and their Customers,’ was launched collectively by related authorities companies from the 5 Eyes safety alliance.
The authorities are:
The UK’s Nationwide Cyber Safety Centre (NCSC), the US’ Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Safety Company (CISA), Nationwide Safety Company (NSA) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Australian Cyber Safety Centre (ACSC), the Canadian Centre for Cyber Safety (CCCS) and the New Zealand Nationwide Cyber Safety Centre (NZ NCSC).
Apart from being a warning, the doc gives sensible recommendation for managed service suppliers (MSPs) and their clients to keep away from falling foul of a cyberattack.
Among the many tips are:
- Implementing instruments to stop preliminary entry strategies reminiscent of phishing
- Enabling/enhancing monitoring and logging processes
- Implementing multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Managing inner structure and segregating inner networks
- Making use of the precept of least privilege